Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

I am definitely not much of a winter person. Kingston winters are long, cold and particularly windy. This is why I am so elated when the first signs of spring return to the city (although this usually coincides with the end of the semester which can be a particularly stressful period and makes me all the more bitter about spending my time inside). So this post is dedicated to spring and since I am studying and marking, my pictures will be restricted to the patch of land immediately outside my window which I can see from my desk.

As my landlord longingly tells me every spring, the people in this apartment before me were amazing gardeners. Luckily they left a lot of perennials so my un-green thumb can benefit. I have been waiting for weeks for my tulips to bloom, and this morning they finally did!!!



Also in my garden are daffodils and the last, lonely soldier from the previous tenants herb garden (a mint plant!).





Also, on the topic of things seen from my desk, check out this muskrat spotting from yesterday:



Yes, my desk is at my front window. And, yes I keep a camera on hand. Do you think this qualifies me as the neighborhood creep?

Anyways, 4 more days until the end of the semester when I can go out and see some signs of spring not right outside my house! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I am a spring person as well. The sun coming up this morning was beautiful. I am glad I don't have muskrats going by my door though !

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your neighbourhood and Kingston in general, looks like a groundhog to me!

    ReplyDelete