Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Monkey Business

Canadian Thanksgiving coincided with Japan's "sports day", so I got a long weekend even though I am far from home. Thinking that it was a good opportunity for some solo travel, I headed to Nagano for the weekend to get some fresh air and mountain scenery. I consulted my trusty Lonely Planet and found that just outside of Nagano, in Yudanaka, there is an onsen...FOR MONKEYS!



Yes, that's right. Its not just humans that enjoy relaxing in the hot springs.



My goal was to touch, hug, and maybe kidnap one. But since the pamphlet I got said I couldn't do any of those things, I resorted to taking lots of pictures. Below are some of my favs.






2 comments:

  1. they are cute but I am a bit afraid of them, since I saw a show where they would attack you for your food ! Hope you did not have lunch with you. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do know how to chill !! Glad you had a great trip

    ReplyDelete